Frequently Asked Questions
I get a lot of emails and messages about my blog and website, so I’ve decided to compile some of the most common questions into this helpful FAQ page for you guys. If you have a question that is not covered in this FAQ, please feel free to contact me personally!
Who Designed Your Website?
I did! Outside of fiber arts Im a graphic designer for Thought Space Designs. I designed the blog on WordPress as a custom theme.
Do You Have a Posting Schedule?
Sure do. Posts are typically released on the schedule below, however sometimes life gets in the way or exciting things happen and the schedule is thrown off a bit. If you want quick updates about posts, sign up for my newsletter using the form in the footer of the site.
MONDAYS: Updates & Announcements
WEDNESDAYS: Pattern releases / New shop listings – The shop will be updated every Wednesday, so if you see an announcement about a new pattern on a Thursday or Friday, you can expect it to be listed in the shop the following Wednesday.
FRIDAY – SUNDAY: Tutorials, Reviews, Etc. – Any reviews, tutorials, or random project posts will be posted on the weekend. Multiple posts may come out on the same weekend, but never the same day.
Can You Review My Pattern?
I’m always taking requests for pattern reviews, however there may be a waitlist. I love being able to provide honest feedback on the patterns of other makers, plus it lets me get more experience with reading different types of patterns. The blog post I produce is a great opportunity for you to promote your patterns in an honest, real-world review. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss a pattern review.
Can I Be a Pattern Tester for You?
I already have a pattern tester “go-to” list, but you are more than welcome to send me an email if you’re interested in becoming a pattern tester. My pattern testers are currently on a volunteer basis, but you get cross promotion on social media and a free pattern. I’m hoping to change this in the future in order to further help other crafters who are trying to make a living from fiber arts.
Send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Types of patterns you’d like to test (knit, crochet, or sewing)
- Number of years doing each craft
- Where can I view your past work? (Instagram username, Ravelry, personal blog/website, etc.)
- What’s your favorite type of food? Mine is Chinese 🙂
Can I Advertise on Your Site?
I offer a few advertisement areas on my site for the purpose of offering help to other makers and artisans who are looking for exposure. I DO NOT use a 3rd party ad listing service for these areas so that I have 100% control over the content that shows up. This also means that I can better control the design of my website so that ads are complimentary rather than intrusive to the reader.
If you are interested in learning more about advertising on this site, please visit this page and fill out the ad request form at the bottom.
Do You Have a Blog Roll / Link Share / Friend List?
No, but I promise it’s not because I don’t love helping other makers spread the word about their blogs/sites/shops. In the world of web design, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is extremely important. I won’t go into a lot of detail here, but just know that blog rolls, friend lists, link pages, whatever you call them can be viewed negatively by search engines like Google and Bing. Please do your research on what can make a site rank lower in search engines to make sure you aren’t breaking any “rules”.
Instead, I love to collaborate with other bloggers on projects. If you’re interested in a collaboration, send me an email and pitch it to me!
Can I Sell Items Made From Your Patterns?
You sure can. Once you make something from a pattern, it’s entirely your handmade item. I can’t tell you what to do with that item because its not my property – only the pattern is. All I ask is that you give credit where credit is due. Don’t claim the design as your own, and always tell people who ask where to find the pattern from my website or Ravelry.
If you’re selling an item that I also offer in my online shop, you must match the retail price I sell that item for. For example, if you create a top from my Luminary Bikini Top pattern, you must sell it at the same price, or a higher price, that I sell it for in my shop.
Do You Accept Major Credit Cards?
Yup. I accept most any form of electronic payment for my products. I use PayPal for every order because they’re trusted, secure, and super simple to use. If you see me at a craft show, I take them there too! 🙂
I Don’t Have PayPal. Can I Still Buy From You?
Absolutely. You can pay through PayPal with any major credit card, even if you don’t have an account.
- I’ve updated all of my prices to include US standard shipping.
- All orders ship vis USPS as Priority First Class Mail.
- If you are ordering a Ready to Wear item, it will be ready to ship in 2-3 business days.
- If you are ordering a Made to Order item, please allow up to 2 weeks for me to make your item, then it will be shipped within 2-3 business days.
- Expedited shipping is available upon request. Please contact me before placing your order if you need to upgrade your shipping.
- All of our packaging is recycled! Whether that means it’s our branded, 100% recycled packaging, or packaging reused from other orders, you can know that your item is being shipped eco-friendly!
- We try to use mostly paper packaging with as little plastic as possible. This is to cut down on harmful plastics in landfills and the environment.
- Please recycle our packaging when you receive your item! If you really don’t want to recycle it, I will gladly pay return shipping for you to send the packaging back 🙂 (contact me for more info)